View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #15
GramiH
Casting On

Hello Everyone:
I am in Washington state, Longview area. I am new at posting here. So I'm not sure that I am doing this right.
I have to date finished 3 (2 in Sassy Stripes w/free patt(1 pr. in Gentlemen Fancy Socks from Nancy Bush Book) pairs of socks for DH and 5 (Moc Croc Patt) other pair's for family members. I knitted a hat for a friend in the round with DPN's and 2 Christmas Stocking for G.D.'s last Christmas, also 2 needle slipper's from a patt found on the web for son and family. I just yesterday finished the last pr. of Moc Croc Sock's for my Aunt.
I have tried to make sweater's and dog sweater's, but had gotten frustrated. So needless to say I gave that up.
I love making socks, even though I am slow at knitting them. It takes me about 1 week 2 days to make one sock, if I knit every evening. I just love making things in the round as it is fascinating to watch something form.
I have crocheted for years and had made some shawls for friends and family. The last one was filet with dolphin's in the middle of the triangle for d-i-l.
I had learned to knit when a teen, but loved crocheting best until I learned to make socks, now I have 2 love's.
Well now that I have been long winded in this message, I will close with a howdy and glad to be here.
GramiH
GramiH is offline   Reply With Quote