View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #40
MainelyKnitting
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to MainelyKnitting
Originally Posted by nicolejc83 View Post
I finished my first pair of mittens yesterday for my dd using plymouth tweed in a purply type yarn. OMG I didn't think it would be so easy. I used the pattern from afgahs to Afgahns.
First pair, that's great!!
I'm glad that the pattern worked out for you, I use it all the time, with some slight variations in yarn and needle size.

Originally Posted by Karina View Post
I finished my first mitten ever today.

I also used the afghans pattern, or at least that was my intentions. I tried using one strand of worsted yarn and the mittens seemd quite thin
First pair, that's great!!
I thought it was just me with the sizing on those, but now that two of you have said the same thing, I guess it's not just me. I do like the pattern though, and feel it's pretty straightforward for those doing their first pair.

With that pattern, I have used two strands of sport with a size 6 dpn and a ww & sport with the size 7. Depending on the yarn and needles, I have gone as small as a size 4 and as large as a size 8 dpn.

I'm glad to hear that two more people have joined the fun of mittens, I remember my first pair. When I finished my thought was "Why did I think these were going to be so hard"?

My BLOG
MainelyKnitting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MainelyKnitting For This Useful Post:
Karina (09-03-2008), nicolejc83 (09-03-2008)