View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
MainelyKnitting
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to MainelyKnitting
I read this post when you first wrote it and had thought about doing a few pair of mittens, but guess what? My daughter just called today and one of my granddaughters started Head Start the other day. Well, it seems that on the first day of "school" she was wearing her poncho that I made for her and one of the teachers commented on it. My daughter told her that I had made it and that I kept the 4 girls in mittens, hats, socks, slippers, etc. The teacher then told her that it was great, but that many children don't have mittens or hats in the winter and she asked my daughter if she might ask if I could donate any to the Head Start program. Of course I said I would, as I can't bear for kids to be without warm things when I can help it. So, now besides knitting mittens for the family and for the Battered Women's Shelter, I am now going to do a few my granddaughter's Head Start.

I want to wish you luck with getting more done for your local one, and like I said, if I hadn't been making them for my dgd's one, I'd offer some. I know it is a great program and they deserve any help that anyone could offer.

My BLOG
MainelyKnitting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MainelyKnitting For This Useful Post:
nicolejc83 (09-03-2008)