View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #19
MAmaDawn
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
What a cutie! And she's doing a great job! I wish my daughter had a bit more patience, she says she wants to learn but gets tired of it so quickly...lol
She didn't at first... I would tell her to knit what she wanted and I would finish the row for her. And this is her 3rd try at it... I've had to frog 2 for her... she's a true knitter, she hates having to frog!

Originally Posted by rachael72knitter View Post
Wow. . .I didn't think it could be done. You have inspired me to try and get my son interested and get him some supplies to start out with.

I don't use bamboo or wood, but I noticed your little girl is. Do you think that is the better choice for a little one?
I started off her off with metal straight cuz I don't use them and I had them and knew that it would matter how long it took her. But she kept dropping stitches. And sometimes she wouldn't push it down the needle or put the point thingys on so she lost some that way too.

I think it's a good idea to have both metal and wood for them and with a young group I would start off with more wood ones. But I can't stand wood circulars (I tolerate wood dpn), never have liked them or plastic. So I would be worried that they would hold too much for some and that might discourage them.

But I would use circulars. It's a lot harder to loose stitches on circulars than straights.

Thank you all!

Wife to GooB; Mom to Tori (7) and Belle (4) Jeremiah (2)

MamaDawn there too
My Little Shop
MAmaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote