View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #125
ecb
Working the Gusset

Send a message via ICQ to ecb Send a message via AIM to ecb Send a message via MSN to ecb Send a message via Yahoo to ecb
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
Stitch Markers, Stitch Markers, Stitch Markers .... I use them for even the smallest repeat or to remind me to knit the two or three stitches at the edge of a dish cloth. Even if a pattern only has 4 or five stitches in it, I know immediately if I have made a mistake.
My favorite stitch markers are jump rings. I get them in the jewelry making area of the craft store. They come in all sizes, they are inexpensive (so you don't feel like you have to search for a lost one) and you get a whole bunch of them.
Also, I use the larger ones to count rows
I keep a section of the round with the number of rows between increases/decreases, each round when i get to the first marker, i knit to the moving one, when I get to it, i ignore it and knit the stitch behind it and pick it up again with that stitch (it moved over one space) when it gets to the end, it is time to do the increases. I hope some of your brains around this, its hard, but I know U R a lot smarter than I am.

Also, i make my own, using metal needles as a size guide. Then I have plenty. I only use the plastic ones for counting.
Good judgement comes from experience
but Experience comes from Bad Judgment
ecb
ecb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecb For This Useful Post:
kellybigeyes (10-12-2008), RuthieinMaryland (10-13-2008)