View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 06:14 AM   #7
rachael72knitter
Knitting the Flap

I am glad it is just the pills and not the surgery, but I want to share my exp with weaning myself off. I did for two years, and it was a very rough two years. I was depressed. . .a lot.

I got back on them and have just come to realize it is an imbalance thing that I need medicine for. I have just come to terms with the fact that I will probably need to stay on them for the rest of my life.

Of course. . . there are times when I am taking my happy pill and I think, why do I need this? Then I remember. . .I only think that because I am taking them.

I had a friend wean herself off of them, and she was convinced the pills masked who she really was. She stopped taking them and fell into a deep depression. . .and she took her own life. She was 34. Not saying this is you, but one can get very depressed esp. since it is often a vicious cycle, downward spiral kind of thing. Also, because we are the worst at getting back on the pills and getting that help once we are depressed.

I am not trying to scare you or depress you more, just as a person who gets depressed and knows all about feeling the need to not take them, well. . .it always kind of scares me.

I've been there.

I hope you feel better, and hope I wasn't too much of a downer with my story.
rachael72knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rachael72knitter For This Useful Post:
lelvsdgs (10-23-2008)