View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 07:54 AM   #7
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Congrats!!! Silver's tutorials are terrific as are the videos here on KH!!! I just finished my first sock (hoping not to have SSS) - but I used magic loop. I'm way too clumsy for DPNs.

The great thing about socks is : they're so portable and they are like instant gratification projects! Socks have so many steps: cuff, leg, heel flap, turning the heel, gusset, foot, toe (or backwards if you knit toe up). IT's awesome because when you get past each step you instantly feel you've accomplished something! It's exciting and they are custom fit! (Great thing about magic loop method - I kept trying on my sock while on the needles until it was the right size.) Which is super important to me because I have NO arches (flat-footed) and as my hubby says, I have elfin feet. So custom made socks is a good idea! Plus - sock yarn is just so yummy that you're almost compelled to CO.

I can't wait to finish my first pair and move onto a patterned sock!! Post pics of your socks!!! What yarn are you using?

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitpurlgurl For This Useful Post:
lelvsdgs (10-26-2008)