View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #528
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,890 Times in 3,011 Posts
Originally Posted by G J View Post
WOW! You are a prolific knitter! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Brioche! Is it a free pattern? Is the back as pretty as the front? The sweaters and the palindrome are pretty, too!

The software sounds AMAZING! Have you used it before? I'd love to know how it turns out! I'm ALWAYS changing patterns to make them do what I want them to do, but it's always with some trepidation and re-knitting. I don't know if I'd rather have another child, though!
Yes, the Brioche Reversible Cabled scarf is like the Palindrome...identical on both sides, and yes again...it is also a free pattern. If you are a Raveler...just type Reversible Brioche Cabled Scarf in the patterns search bar.

Yes, I've had this software since 2004. I love it. I swatched all 3 colors last night...all are 4"x4" swatches using the broken rib...and it is amazing...each color swatched out a bit differently. So I typed the row and stitch gauge into the Wizard for each color...and got a new pattern for each color. So now, whichever color I decide on...I'll have the specific pattern directions for each!

It is well worth the money...but becasue I am mainly a 'pattern follower'...I forgot I had this wonderful tool. Only after the agony of my brother's Rick Ryan Jacket did I realize...DOH...I shoulda used the Wizard for the foundation and framework of this build! DOH!

The Wizard is much more meaningful after you've done it the hard way. Ain't that just LIFE??

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
G J (11-01-2008)