View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
MGM
Turning the Heel

Instead of ending the yarn that you have been using for the body of the blanket, you can certainly continue with it to stitch the border, as long as you ended with the right side facing you and it is the color you want the border to be. You would already be in the top left corner of the blanket so that works out very nicely. I do that all the time if I am stitching the border with the same yarn as the blanket body. The pattern says to "join c" though, so I'm guessing this is a multicolor pattern and the color "c" is what the border will be stitched with.

Does that answer your question, or do you have a question on the actual instructions for crocheting the border?

MGM

Originally Posted by mpsmom88 View Post
Hello, I am trying to put a border on a crochet blanket. I never did one before.
The pattern is 74 double crochets across.
The border states: rdn 1:with rs facing, join c in top left hand corder st, ch 1, 2sc in each row-end dc across side edge, 3 sc in corner st, sc in each ch across bottom edge, 3sc in corner st, 2sc in each row-end dc up side edge, 3 sc in corner, sc in eac dc across top edge, 2sc in corner st, sl st in first sc to join.
I don't think I will join wool but just continue with the wool I already have to complete the last row and stich.
Could some one deciper for me. THANK YOU
I'm also HookedOnNeedles on Flickr!
And you can find me on Facebook too!
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MGM For This Useful Post:
mpsmom88 (11-19-2008)