View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #18
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

Quote:
You see, once you have an active file with Social Services, even if there is no basis to the case and it goes inactive, it can get brought up at any time.
Exactly. Not to mention that as the detective called my job- everyone found out there. I thought it was better to tell them once the call came in- so they wouldn't suspect worse. Also- my daughters school was notified to pull her out of class- and they probably couldn't tell her teacher why. So now they know we were investigated, but don't know what happened and suspect the worst. I also had to notify Girl Scouts as I work with children and am background checked. I thought I would lose my troop possibly- and I wasn't even home when this all happened!

My poor husband has beat himself to death over it. And it wasn't neglectful, and could happen to anyone. I wasn't mad at him.

Susan thanks for sharing your story too.

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote