View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #15
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Season View Post
Chris: I read your reply and MMario's comments that your math was right on. I confess, I didn't understand the columns of numbers on first quick reading but am printing so I can read/absorb more slowly. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I think I will learn much as my brain wraps around this. Best wishes.

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Seasons/MMario

No. ----------Inc.
Row- inc.--- every--- total
--1 ---- 0 -------------- 70
--2 ---- 7 ----- 10 ----- 77
--4 ---- 7 ----- 11 ----- 84
--7 ---- 7 ----- 12 ----- 91
-10---- 7 ------13 ------98
Seasons - sorry part of the problem is the way html handles spaces by compressing them.
Again, I assumed 7 stitches per inch and 8 rows per inch. I have a 20 inch collar and the scarf would have to go around only 1/2 of the neck. Therefore the inter part of the scarf would be 10 inches or 70 stitches. If the scarf is 10 inches wide the outer edge would be 41 inches or 287 stitches. This means that I would have to increase between 70 and 287 stitches over 80 rows (8 rows per times 10 inches).

The table is really 4 columns the first column is the row number Excel calculated for the increases. The second column is number of increases per row, evenly distributed across the row. The third column is the number of stitches between increases for that row. The last column is the total number of stitches after the increases ( a check figure).

What I am going to try is increase 7 stitches every other row until 287 stitches are reached. This number will probably need to adjusted some what as I test the concept.

Does this help?

cacunn is offline   Reply With Quote