View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 05:49 PM   #84
weezie
Ribbing the Cuff

I picked out my yarn today... I hope I have enough. I'm going to use Caron Simply Soft in pastel colors, yellow, green, lavendar, and white, for a baby-type blanket and make the baby size log cabin. I've been using these yarns for some preemie hats and think there should be enough, but if not, I still have some pink and blue that I also have for the preemie hats, so can throw some of that in there, but thought I'd try to keep it more gender neutral. I'll probably donate the blanket to a children's charity I'm knitting for when it's done as I don't have any new babies on the way in my family or friend circle... but you never know what might come up. If it goes fast and turns out nice, I'll probably make one for my grandson who will be a year old in February... he looks great in darker colors, so will probably stay way from pastels for him.

I'm excited to get going on this and if I weren't going to a hockey game tonight, I'd probaby cast on and get started... maybe after the game and as I watch the ball drop on TV tonight. This is my first KAL and I'm really looking foward to participating and seeing how this KAL thing works.

Happy New Year to you all!!

Sandi