View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
Lieuvena
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
I am doing the Moderne Baby Blanket Log Cabin style...and I have finished logs 1-3 and have cast on for log 4!

BTW: I use a slim Crystal Palace crochet hook to pull yarn through the edge for the "picking up stitches". It is so much easier. When I get about 20 stitches loaded onto the crochet hook then I slide them off the other end onto the knitting needle, turning them around in the right position as I go. I also place a stitch marker every 20 stitches so that I don't have to re-count stitches a zillion times.

Garter stitch may be boring, but it sure is easy to work on while watching old movies and such! We watched old movies all day...and the Dog Whisperer re-runs!

It's been torrential rain all day...really lousy sloppy foggy socked-in weather. Nice day to knit and hunker down on the sofa with 3 dogs!
Thank you so much for that idea! I'm on my 4th log and was already starting to hate counting several times for each one. I will definatley be doing this. Thanks again. I'll post a pic at the end of the day.

I'm not sure how much I'll get to work on it today. DD (11 months old) is sick, she was up all night and is very clingy right now. I will work on it when I can though.

Lieuvena
Lieuvena is offline   Reply With Quote