View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
weezie
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi Everyone.... I got started on my log-cabin stashghan late yesterday afternoon after un-decorating from the holidays and getting a few other things done around the house, then the evening was devoted to this knew KAL. I'm using Caron Simply Soft and US6 needles in pastels for the baby size.

I just love the garter stitch as I can just knit, knit, knit and not think and most of the time, not even look, so it was perfect for watching some hockey last night. I was having so much fun, I stayed up way past midnight again last night, so am dragging a bit today... but I got blocks 1-3 done and a bit of block 4. I'm looking forward to working on it over this coming weekend too.

I thought at first my gauge must be off because the first two blocks seemed bigger than I had imagined they would for a baby size, but I measured gauge and all was fine, so did a little figuring based on the pattern picture and number of rows on the remaining blocks, and it should come out pretty close to the stated finished size, maybe a little bigger, but that won't matter. I'm not sure I'll have enough stash yet in the four colors I chose, but I'll improvise if I don't and add a couple more colors if I have to.

Glad to be a part of this KAL... my first... and so far, so good! I look forward to getting to "know" all of you through this project.

Happy New Year!

Sandi
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote