View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
MrsP
1st Leg of the Journey

Hat, Scarf and Fingerless Gloves
Hi! I just finished a hat, scarf and fingerless glove set that I made as a gift for a friend of ours. I have to admit that I am not 100% happy with it. Well, that isn't 100% true - I like them and I am proud of the work I did, but I feel like they are boring and plain and I don't know what to do to fix it. I used black Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick. I did it in black because I wanted it to go with anything and my DH said her favorite colors are yellow and black (for the GA Yellowjackets or something)

I think the hat looks like something a bank robber would wear! I just did my own thing with the scarf and I adapted a different pattern for the fingerless gloves and I am really proud of how both of those look. I just don't LOVE them. Does that make sense at all or am I just being over critical of myself?? The gloves have a cable going up the front and the scarf has 6 repeats of cable on either end and then just stockinette in the middle. It seemed too bulky to do the cable the whole length.

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1710.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	51825  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1713_2.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	51826  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1714_2.JPG