View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
GoBirdCurly
Casting On

pattern WRITING help...
Hello!

I am in the process of writing my first knitting pattern ever. It is a relatively simple pattern for a sweater. I'm am including it in an entire collection of clothes that I'm doing for school. This is the only knit piece. I created a flat pattern, and am now adapting it to a knitting one. It is almost complete, but I have one question I'm unsure of.

I am knitting it from the bottom up, and in three pieces; left front, right front, and back.

I have written everything but the neckline. Well, that's not true, I actually wrote it so that the shape of the neckline was formed by a series of decreases along that curve. Then, I got to thinking that I was overdoing it. I started to wonder if I should instead form the neckline shape by casting off in steps at the end of those rows. It would work out to the same increments that I calculated which are decreases of 2 to 4 stitches per row.

I would appreciate any feedback that anyone has. Please let me know if anything is not clear, and I will clarify.

Also, the rest of my collection can be found at my blog:
www.notenoughthursdays.blogspot.com

My entries are entitled "Senior Collection".
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sweater.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	52025  
GoBirdCurly is offline   Reply With Quote