So here is my hat:
What I liked about it:
1. It was fun to do.
2. The color work kept things interesting, so it seemed to knit up very quick.
The pattern was pretty clear and easy to follow (except one thing which I'll explain next). I liked the over all process of learning something new.
Things I don't like about it:
1. The first chart wasn't correct. There was an extra stitch unaccounted for that I ended up just knitting in the MC.
2. The bottom edge! Uugh. I wondered if it would have been nicer with some sort of ribbing. The pattern calls for a crochet edge, but that looked awful. I also tried picking up stitches and knitting a garter edge. Still looked horrible. It just seems to long or something.
3. The earflaps are ridiculously placed! They are too far back. Out of all the notes I read on Ravelry, only one person mentioned wanting to move them up, so I figured they'd be better as per the pattern. Wrong! I should have moved them up, as I don't know who's ears these are going to cover!
All in all it was a fun project and helped me conquer my fear of stranded knitting/ fair aisle. I'm going to look for another project to try soon.
It feels great to be able to say I learned something new! Thanks for having this KAL
. I probably wouldn't have tried it yet otherwise.