View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

I promise you will get it! My first project didn't even have purls in it at all- it was all knit!

Once you knit more, you will learn how to see what you have done and learn ways to fix it. (like knit stitches look like v's, and purl stitches have a bump)

If you want to try the hat, cast on for that sucker and just start knitting! You can do it- and we're here if you run into trouble. When I started knitting I tried to learn at least one new thing with every project (except for a strange compulsion to knit little baby hats, I could NOT stop making them one right after the other in all their little top-knot or earflap cuteness). Since I would rather have a useful item- I practiced new techniques on actual projects. Dishcloths are good to practice on- anything kinda small.

Good luck, be fearless in knitting, and YOU CAN DO IT!

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote