View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
OffJumpsJack
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Caitrin View Post
Hi,

i'm working on this jacket it is from the top down, and it is in griddle pattern. I've got the pattern figured out and i'm suppose in do increases at the stitch markers which i have figured out excpet, the pattern is for row 1 and row 2, then for row 3-4 it says "work even in patt." Does that mean I just repeat the pattern from row 1 and 2? or does it mean just do SC all the way across? help please

Caitrin
Originally Posted by althely View Post
I really have problems in reading this pattern from Garnsutdio.com.

Caitrin,

It has been my experience that knitters are more frequent users of the phrase "work even in patt." If I see it in a crochet pattern I would understand it to mean just what Ingrid noted. I'd also suspect the crochet pattern was designed by a knitter. Not that it is a bad thing, but I am aware that knitting patterns and crochet patterns are written in different styles.

It can lead to confusion for a crocheter who doesn't knit to read a pattern written by a knitter who is venturing into crochet.

Althely,

I see you started a new thread with this same or similar post. I've posted a reply to your question (as have others) on your thread.

( to Ingrid)

as Off-Jumps-Jack

OTN another Black & gold Diagonal Square Potholder
OTH Baby blanket
OTH Lace doily - A vintage pattern recreating from an heirloom.
OffJumpsJack is offline   Reply With Quote