View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 04:23 AM   #34
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

I agree that it's beautiful as well! It doesn't look overly bulgy to me.

But here's the thing: I am personally extremely fussy about fit. I always have an almost exact idea of how the thing I'm making should fit me. So I totally also understand if you have an idea in your head of what this sweater should look like, and are unhappy with it not looking this way. I will frog and re-work jillions of times, sometimes way past what others think is reasonable, to get the fit I had envisioned for the perfect garment, so I completely understand if you want that as well!

If you want it to fit with absolutely NO bulges, then I'd suggest starting the ribbing directly under the bust and make the ribbing section longer. That way it looks like the bulge is your bust, which is where women bulge naturally anyway.

But I also think it's a gorgeous sweater exactly the way it is, so it's up to you and your ideas of what you want this garment to look like on you!

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to globaltraveler For This Useful Post:
laikabear (03-31-2009)