View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #25
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Oh you brat!! It was really fun though. You had me fooled and I've only once been fooled before, so you almost got another April Fool's Virgin... but not quite.

I worked in a factory as the receptionist. One of the "boys" called from up in the sales office to the reception desk and, putting on a fake voice, explained to me that He was Sergant Frank Lucasek from the Cambridge Fire Department, and that there had been a fire in the Panasonic microwave in my kitchen and that my apartment was on fire, with fire department on the scene. I asked him three times if he was joking and he said "he didn't joke about things that serious". After his third denial I flipped. I knew my X-DH was asleep in that apartment because he had worked the graveyard shift. The perpetrators of this cruel joke eventually, after calming me down and finding a tranquilizer somewhere to do so, had to drive me home to check on X-DH and my house before I could work again. The owners of the company almost fired the guys who did it. The boss even had someone drive me home because I was in no shape to drive.

I think this joke was really funny! No one was hurt or really upset and it was a good gag! Which of us does not want to test new yarn???

YOU GOT ME!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote