View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
DGIDDENST
Casting On

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
If you double it, it might work, you'd have to try it on the needle size in the pattern. Which pattern is it?
It's a pattern out of a book called, Ready Set Knit - Fringed Top (name of pattern) calls for size 19 - or size to obtain gauge - I've been knitting gauages now for 3 days and I'm ready to start or switch to another pattern. I have switched from Yarn Bee - ITALIA - florentine (on the label it says use 8mm/US size 110 to Yarn Bee SOFT ILLUSION-Super Bulky - sumptous (label says 15mm US 19). The 2 lgst. needles I have are US 15 and US 17 - still to 4" I am getting alot more stitches than 5 1/2 - seems if you used needles much larger it would be to holey to wear in public?? Right now knitting on size 17 (stockinette st) looks like I am going to get about 7 st = 4 inches and 10 rows over 4 inches - maybe I can double this super bulky and get what I want? I really want this to be wearable and am in South Georgia where it gets REALLY hot - I am not opposed to switching to another pattern - was about to start looking when I saw this post. Please give me some input, and I hope I answered what you asked me!
DGIDDENST is offline   Reply With Quote