View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
MtheVGandP
Casting On

Hey all - this is actually my first post! I've been lurking for a while. I love Cotton Plus so much that I had to chime in!

The TLC Cotton Plus is a really nice yarn. I used it for a gifted baby blanket over a year ago and it still looks brand new (I'm not exaggerating). You can see it on my Rav page, although the pics are kind of dark ( http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Mthe...ur-winds-check ). I plan on using this yarn for lots of baby things! It has a chained/cabled contruction and a bit of sheen.

The Lion Cotton Ease is nice. To me it seems heavier than Cotton Plus (Sandy said the opposite, though, so now I don't know!). I think it has a plied construction,seems a little loftier or fluffier than the Cotton Plus and had a matte finish. Nice yarn, but I'd take the Cotton Plus any day since it holds up so well and is usually about half the price of Cotton Ease at my craft stores.

I think your choice is going to come down to price and color selection, really. I don't think you can go wrong with either of the yarns.

-Melissa
MtheVGandP is offline   Reply With Quote