Thread: Antique clothes
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
cftwo
Working the Gusset

Lighting57 - Craigs list is sort of an online classified section of the newspaper. If you have something you want to give away/sell - post it on Craigs list and see what happens. It is a better resource in larger metropolitan areas. If you live in the boonies like I do, it's not the best option.

Newamy - I have my great-grandmother's wedding dress (she dyed if after the wedding so she could wear it again!) and I'll probably try to pass it on within the family. But if you don't have any sentimental attachment to it, I'd try to find someone who would value it. A museum with a good textiles section might also appreciate it. I know the Cincinnati Art Museum has such a section, but I don't know of any in the Pacific NW. Maybe the curator of the costumes and textiles collection at the Cincinnati museum would know what you should do.

Aha! I found this directory http://www.textilemuseum.org/PDFs/Wo...ollections.pdf It looks like there might be a facility in California which would be interested. It looks like the OR and WA and ID facilities are more interested in Asian and Native American textiles.
cftwo is offline   Reply With Quote