View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #842
melmac51
Turning the Heel

"I have 3 dogs and two cats. One of my cats showed up in my garden about 9 or 10 years ago when she was a kitten, and the other one used to belong to the tenants who used to live next door to us, but he decided he wanted us to be his people. They moved away, and he kept coming back. We tried and tried to return him to them, but he just kept coming back. After Hurricane Katrina, we lost touch with them. But they knew that we'd never let anything happen to him. "

I forgot to tell y'all about my doggies! Jaeger came to us from a Petsmart Adoption day. He's a Catahoula/Lab mix. He's about 100 pounds of gentle giant. Stella is officially our "grand dog". She is a rat terrier and she actually is my daughter's dog, but she lives with us. And Cleo is a rat terrior mix. She is a Katrina survivor, and my mother-in-law adopted her from Petsmart after her previous dog escaped from me in Houston when I worked there after the storm. My mother-in-law passed away in February, so Cleo is my former "sister-dog-in-law", but now she's my baby too. And, the littlest dog (Stella) is the boss, and rules with an iron paw.
Mulderknitter (06-18-2009)