View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 08:17 AM   #22
iwouldratherbeknitting
Turning the Heel

US school teacher here.. teaching in a foreign country (Germany) my students are the children of the US military-- and we have very specific computer use guidelines. I'm surprised that she is able to use a school computer to access a forum site.

I know that our students have to sign computer usage agreements and I would think that the school that this teacher is teaching in/at.. would have something similiar? Also, it sounds like she might be teaching at an 'International School' and that many of her students could be from other foreign countries- along w/ Saudi Arabia?

As a teacher, I wouldn't want to encourage any student of mine (and I've taught 3rd graders too) to befriend any stranger on the internet.. especially an adult stranger.

What ever happened to having your students be letter writing penpals to another school in another state or country.. in the same grade?
Updated almost daily.. honest!
I'm moving to Germany this summer! My name on Ravelry is: iwouldratherknit
iwouldratherbeknitting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iwouldratherbeknitting For This Useful Post:
OffJumpsJack (07-13-2009)