View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #23
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
Originally Posted by AngieLanigan View Post
I would definately let Casey know. What a strange situation all around. I don't remember specifically from signing up at Ravelry, but I know that every vBulletin site I've ever signed up with, I've had to confirm that I was over 13 years of age. If Ravelry doesn't have the same legal agreement, they probably should. I agree that it's not really an appropriate place for a bunch of 3rd graders to be hanging out. And to be honest, I think it's really strange for a teacher to not only be encouraging it, but to be actively assisting them.

Jack, please don't take this the wrong way, but as an adult in today's society, I would never befriend an unknown child over the internet, especially if I were a man. It shouldn't be this way, but unfortunately there are so many ways it can be seen in the wrong light, I personally wouldn't put myself in that situation, regardless of how innocent my intentions were.

It just blows my mind how naive this teacher is, that she would encourage a minor under her care to develop any kind of relationship with an adult stranger over the internet. Does she have no idea how many perverted, twisted people there are out there? This whole thing is very disturbing to me :(
AMEN! Well said, Angie!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
OffJumpsJack (07-13-2009)