View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #6178
ptpopovich
Casting On

Hello All!
I am SO glad I found this site! My mother has been a knitter for years and my greatest reference source. I learned basics back in junior high school but lost interest. I started back up again this last year, mainly making scarves for friends and family. I found so many great patterns and designs that now I am moving to the next level. My first project is a soft and cozy shrug for a co-worker who is currently going through chemotherapy for cancer. I am making it in her favorite color (pink) and hope that whenever she puts it on she will feel as if she is getting a hug and some love. It is turning out very nicely and I can't wait to see the end results!
My mom is moving back to Florida so I am losing my biggest resource. I am one of those who learns best by watching or getting very detailed directions. Finding this site is SUCH a great relief!! I just watched the video on casting on with the continental stitch. I wish I had found this a year ago! (Mom uses a different method to cast on) Thank you so very much for this site. I have no doubt I will be coming here from now on. Knit on!!!
ptpopovich is offline   Reply With Quote