ETA: Pattern is now uploaded. Here's the PDF link.
Good grief this picture is bad, but it's a 6 in sock. I updated the pattern, but my webspace is being goofy so I'll have to upload it later so the PDF can be downloaded. Here's the pattern though.
Seamless Mini Christmas Stocking v. 2
Designed by Jan Lewis
I made these with two circular needles, but you can adapt them for any circular method. They are approximately 4 (6) inches high and 3.75 inches wide at the widest point. Larger size info is in parenthesis.
Any worsted weight yarn. (I used Plymouth Encore for my sample)
Size US 4 (5) circular needles (or whatever needles you need for your chosen method)
Gauge - not important, but will be affected somewhat by needle size and yarn weight
CO 30 (32) stitches and divide between the two circular needles
1. Knit about 2 (4) ridges of garter stitch ending with a purl row last
2. Knit even for 2.5 (3.5) inches measured from top
3. K to last two stitches and increase in both, [2nd circ] k1, inc in each of the next two stitches, k to end.
5. Repeat row 3
7. Repeat row 3
(repeat rows 3 once more for larger size)
8-13. K 5 (6) rows
14. K to last 6 stitches, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k1 [2nd circ] k1, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k to end
16. K1, k2tog, k to last 3 stitches, k2tog once, k1, [2nd circ] k1, k2tog once, k to last 3 stitches k2tog, k1.
17. K2tog, k to end [2nd circ] k to last two stitches, k2tog (make sure the decreases are at heel)
18. Kitchener Stitch closed or bind off and seam.
Weave in ends, and make a loop if desired.