View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
MGM
Turning the Heel

I have started working on the sample for this pattern and I really like it. As soon as I can make a video and get it posted, I'll let you know. Blogger has been having some issues lately with uploading images, so hopefully they will have that fixed soon.

But I did want to point out the note in the Jacob's Ladder pattern that Jack linked to in his reply. It says:

Note: Count ch 3 at end of each row as 1 dc. In the last 2 rows ch 6, not 10 for loops.

So for the last two rows of your afghan, instead of working 10 chains between the double crochet sections, only work 6. This will ensure that your loops at the very end of each row of loops won't be too long and hang over the end.

There are lots of possibilities for finishing this afghan too, besides the fringe that the pattern suggests. I'm not a huge fan of fringe myself, but a round of reverse single crochet around the whole afghan after working one or two round of regular single crochet always makes a nice sturdy edge. Scallops are nice too. There are videos for each of these techniques on my website already if you'd like to take a look. I've linked to them in the words above. You can find lots of other finishing techniques by clicking HERE and looking through the list.

MGM
I'm also HookedOnNeedles on Flickr!
And you can find me on Facebook too!
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote