View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
KnitWit1987
1st Leg of the Journey

Count your blessings!!!
I just wanted to share what happened to me on Wednesday night with everyone who will listen.

My dog Wootie (pictured in my avatar) is, among other things, an avid ball player. He sort of has a routine of driving us nuts right before bed, barking at us to throw his ball.

I was laying in bed reading while hubby was washing up for bed and Wootie was insisting on me throwing his ball. I threw the ball, he jumped off the bed to get it, and I heard a small thud which was him hitting the door. It wasn't a major sound I didn't think and hes always ruff when it comes to the ball.

I yelled "Wootie your going to kill yourself with that stupid ball!! Hubby walked to the doorway, looked down, and there was Wootie, laying on his back, completely unconscious. Hubby scooped him up and we ran to the car.

We realized he was not breathing. Hubby performed CPR on him, and by the grace of god, got him to breathe. The entire 20 minutes it took us to get to the emergency vet, Wootie lay in my arms the same way we found him, as I blew breaths into his mouth.

I was praying the entire way there for my baby to be okay. Not too many people understand how very much I love this dog, he couldn't die, no way. From waking up in the middle of the night to his little bark, wanting a drink out of the cup I keep on my nightstand for him, to carrying him around in a pet sling while I clean the house, this dog is my soul.

Wootie was given manitol, a drug to stop brain swelling, and put in an oxygen tank. His pulse grew stronger and he became more responsive throughout the night. He spent the night at the ER vet, and all day yesterday at his regular vet. He is doing very well. Still a little off balance so I am carrying him everywhere.

I am sorry this post turned out so long, I will get to my point. When I was a little girl, I knew nothing about god. My family was not religious, all I knew I had learned from friends. I recall laying in bed a few times and saying "if there is a god, he will turn on my bedroom light right now so I will know he's real."

Well, maybe not literally, but figuratively, but in my mind, god turned on my bedroom light Wednesday night. My little boy is alive and doing good! I know 1000% it is gods work. So, whether it be your kids, husband, pets, or whatever, be thankful for everything you have!! Know that miracles do happen, my little boy is proof of it!! Thank you for listening!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	wootiesize.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	53445  

Last edited by KnitWit1987 : 09-18-2009 at 08:32 PM.
KnitWit1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KnitWit1987 For This Useful Post:
melmac51 (09-21-2009), MoniDew (09-18-2009)