View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Hi guys! I'm getting really excited about this now that people are getting involved! Lori, please do comment on the article so we know you're in, and I'm working on getting the photo gallery up and running so people can post pics of each of their squares as they make them.

Jan, the Knit-A-Square knitting instructions are linked from the article -- basically I plan to buy a ball of yarn each month, figure out my gauge and then just make a bunch of squares from the same yarn so I don't have to re-figure gauge too many times. You can use the designer patterns as they come out each month (around the 15th) or use your own designs or the designs that you find on various websites, your choice!

The finished squares should be sent to the address given on the Knit A Square website at the end of the KAL. A couple of knitters who have expressed interest are also unemployed and have expressed concern that they won't be able to afford the postage necessary to send to Africa; I'm thinking that maybe we could arrange to send their squares to another knitter who will volunteer to pay postage for multiple squares. I'm certainly willing to do so for anyone on this side of the Atlantic, and perhaps Dawne will be willing for anyone who is on that side of the Atlantic -- I'll ask for volunteers on that!

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote