View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
kae1crafts
1st Leg of the Journey

Helmet liners pattern details
Originally Posted by miccisue View Post
OK, I'll be the first to admit I'm not a whiz with directions but before I start one of these, let me make sure that when you do the increase to 91 stitches, that's it. You don't increase 1 every row for the next four inches, correct? (Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I have had patterns that have turned out very "blobby" because they don't clarify that increases don't continue...yet read like they do).

Thanks!

Also, do you have a simple pattern for a neck gaitor or neckwarmer that fits fairly snugly? All I'm seeming to find are more cowl styled, or lacy.....definitely not what a male soldier wants to help keep warm.
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in the helmet liners. You only make one increase to 91 stitches when you change from the ribbing to stockinet stitch. You knit with 91 stitches until you begin the decreases. Hope that helps.

Now to the gaitor or neckwarmer. Here is the pattern that someone sent me to post in my Squidoo lens.

Neck Gator Knit Pattern
Easy pattern
Materials 100% wool
Size 6, 7, or 8 - 16" circular needle or dp needles.

Pattern

Cast on 112 stitches very loosely.
Join (make sure not to twist) and rib (k1 P1 or K2 P2 for 9".
Cast off very loosely.
Weave in the ends.

I think the important thing would be to cast on loosely enough and bind off loosely enough to get this over your head otherwise the pattern looks snug and a tight knit.

Kae
kae1crafts is offline   Reply With Quote