View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
Knitting the Flap
Well, because its hand made and not mechanically precise, the stitches will never be 100% exactly the same like they look when machine knit.No offense to knitting by hand of course; obviously I love it. I think the slight unevenness of the stitches are wabi-sabi.This is why I love DIY.

It really depends for me what I buy.I tend to stay away from anything mass produced because I like a unique wardrobe.Stores don't tend to just sell stuff I like either.A lot of the crafts I take up, I do because the store bought version is expensive.I really wanted a Victorian corset a couple years ago and looked at the prices,then made my own.

As for handmade items, I only buy from street vendors.If I can make something and I find it in a small shop, I make my own.I realize these people still need business and luckily I have a lot of friends that aren't quite as crafty who I can recommend these places to
"I teach you the overman. Man is something that shall be overcome. What have you done to overcome him?
All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man? What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment..."

meowmeowmeow is offline   Reply With Quote