Thread: Any Sock KAL 2
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 12:48 AM   #11514
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
I just got off the phone with my mom, who wanted to let me know about the progress of the bed my dad is making me. Maybe it's petty of me to be upset over this, but the thing is, he's MAKING it, so he ought to be able to make it the way I want it, within reason.
I had only a few specific requests, and the only one that is being followed is that there will be shelves on it. Because of the way it has been built, I can't put it where I want it (I sleep best with my head in a corner, and the bed fits in the room best in the corner. Perfect situation until my dad builds the world's only bed which cannot be placed in that corner). It's honestly, IMO, kind of hideous. and, it loses functionality because they chopped off the posts which I specifically requested be left there. Sorry if the fact that I hang things off of bedposts is a problem. I like to hang my hammock under my loft. Now I can't.
Each of the things that has been done against my wishes is a minor thing, but it would have been so, so easy to call me and ask if the change was OK... and in most cases, NOT changing it would have been the easier thing to do.
Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to be getting a bed, any bed (the futon is not made for sleeping on)... but I was so excited about it when I first started talking to dad about how he was going to build it, and now when I think about it, I just want to cry. I wish I had begged for the one I liked online instead of letting him build one like it, only "better."
I understand completely, just remember in 5 years it wont matter much. & congrats on the 2 new 'babies.' As for kitten, I think she's being a female, I mean really if you think about it it's perfectly normal for her to 'tease' you. She'll come 'round.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (01-16-2010), jess_hawk (01-16-2010), knit2btied (01-16-2010)