View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #13
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

I ,too, haven't knit too much that requires a swatch. I'm in the midst of my first sweater, for which I did a regular swatch...we'll see if I did it right!

At one point, I thought I was doing the raglan decreases wrong, and wanted to fix the issue...so I picked up a new ball and swatched that part of it...and found I was right after all...glad I did that and didn't frog first!!

Otherwise, I do mostly hats, socks and scarves, if the hats/socks don't fit, I can give them to someone else. I have two pairs of socks that are slightly looser than I like, and one pair tha is cast on a little too snugly...but I've figured out yarns and needles that work together for me to get the right fit...as long as I stick with similar sizes of yarn, I'm good to go.

I figure for patterns and drape, I can get started on the project and if I don't like it I can frog and it's no worse than having swatched...but if I do like it, I've saved time.

If I decide I enjoy the sweater sorts of projects, I see much more swatching in my future!

I'm Knittermom9 on Ravelry
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa R. For This Useful Post:
RuthieinMaryland (03-25-2010)