View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Thank you both...
Hi!

Suzeeq, thanks a lot for your input and Jan, thanks for the article. It has lots of links to even more data which I will definitely investigate.

I'm probably the last person in the universe who would want to infringe copyright since I've made my living for many years producing artwork in one form or another that I then copyrighted.

I KNOW how hard it can be to take something from a wispy idea circling our heads to a finished, packaged, sold and delivered product.

Been there, done that (over and over) and got the T-shirt!!!

I think I'm OK with the structure of the book. The finished project patterns I've done to illustrate various design elements are all original, even though they use many of the stitch patterns that can be found in stitch dictionaries.

Since I want to include several stitch dictionaries in the bibliography I'll be contacting the publishers of the various stitch collections for the OK to include the names of their books as references for my readers. Hopefully that will work out to everyone's benefit.

Again, thanks for your input. This is SUCH a grand website with such generous people.

Happy knitting,

Ruthie