View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #39
Gertie
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Crycket View Post
"You see it as spending $2-$3000 on a vacation, I see it as spending $2-$3000 on a wedding" I want to see where she takes it from there...
I'm sorry that I sound kinda hateful here, but IMO that agrument will do no good. She sees only what/how she wants to see. If she could be convinced or be made to stand down, it would have happened by now. You can not change her selfish, narrow-minded ways. I still think that she's used to other's bending to her will. She will say/do whatever it takes to control you. You seem to have a tender heart. I believe that she's willing to hurt you with the guilt weapon. Bad combination. Go to your meeting with that knowledge. You know that you are right. Period. Stand your ground. No guilt.

You can't control her, but you can control you. Love, civility, standing your ground with a calm even voice will be yours.

Let us know how it goes.

We love you & want what is best (in our opinion) for you.

Edit: I've had to dissolve friendships before. It was a bit hard, but they were bad for me. It didn't take long for me to recover & recover I did. You can too.
Gertie is offline   Reply With Quote