View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #14
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Originally Posted by trvvn5 View Post
I get like this too. I have to be really far from a mistake in order to NOT frog it and take it out. I made something for my sister and noticed that there were two mistakes and it drove me crazy.

I obsessively show other people my mistakes as well. I think it makes me feel better if I show them where I screwed up as opposed to the idea of them finding it on their own and then not saying anything about it. Plus I tend to point out mistakes that other people would never notice on my own work.
Hi, Sweetie!

Just wanted to let you know that nothing is "without flaw". If you create something and do the best you can, then offer it to your audience with a happy heart. I wouldn't want to watch a movie and have the director cut in with all the things he considers mistakes, would you? I just want to enjoy the movie!

So when you share your work with YOUR audience, all they're really interested in is the visual and tactile impact the work creates. If you screwed up a stitch or two.....so what? That's between you and the Grand Poobah of Stitches! Don't let it be a distraction from the beauty you've created.

Hope this helps you enjoy sharing your work with others more!

Ruthie
etoilechaude (05-21-2010), trvvn5 (05-21-2010)