View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #6553
FaithfulMormon
Casting On

A New Guy
So let me give you some background how I got here.

Yesterday, I went to Walmart to look around after putting my money in the bank (YAY PAYDAY!) and thought about how my wife likes to crochet. I decided to be different. I wanted to knit. So I picked up a few items.

A size 8 set of bamboo knitting needles, a skein of yarn, yarn needles, and two books : "Knitting Made Easy" by Red Heart Yarns, and "I Can't Believe I'm Knitting" by Leisure Arts.

In the "KME" I saw a beautiful baby blanket (rated beginner, pgs. 32-33) and decided to make it for my newborn niece.

So here I am. A guy who wants to learn to knit. I was always raised that guys weren't supposed to do any of those things but like other things in life, I wasn't the typical guy.

My name is Brian. I am 23 years old and a newlywed (two months as of yesterday) to the love of my life whom I met at Church two months after I became a member. Yes, I'm LDS (Mormon), and wouldn't change it for anything. I am very active in the Church and go to the Temple as much as I can.

Anyways on less of a religious note, I am hard-of-hearing and wear a hearing aid in my right ear (completely deaf in left). I enjoy listening to music, shopping, taking nice walks with family and friends, visiting family and friends, reading my Scriptures, and just enjoying life.

If there's anything more you would like to know, feel free to ask.
FaithfulMormon is offline   Reply With Quote