View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #6560
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Welcome to our wonderful KH Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by FaithfulMormon View Post
.........So here I am. A guy who wants to learn to knit.........My name is Brian. I am 23 years old and a newlywed..
Thanks for joining the forum, Brian! You'll find several other male knitters here, and they will certainly be glad to have a fellow knitter in their midst.

Originally Posted by CuteNeedles View Post
I saw a knitting help video on You Tube, and decided to join this forum........I do a lot of knitting for charities.
Excellent! You'll be glad to know that we have a section in the forum just for charity knitting. Check it out!

Originally Posted by kittykins View Post
Shandeh thanks for the advise! You were so right about switching to different needles..
Yay! So glad you found the right needles for your project, Jeannie!

Originally Posted by gypsyqueen64 View Post
Hello, my name is Kay, and I'm the only one in the world who does not understand how to knit! ......
Don't be discouraged, my friend. A lot of new knitters knit very tight at first. I was one of them! Eventually, it will get better, and you'll be able to let the yarn flow more easily. When I first started knitting, I held my yarn in a death grip, and the stitches were VERY hard to slide on the needle. Now, my stitches are looser, and much easier to work with. Just take your time and keep practicing. It will be worth it in the end.

Originally Posted by jamespanda View Post
Hi everyone I'm James! I'm living in Shanghai, China right now and I've been exploring the likes of yak yarn!
Hi James! I had a small bit of yak yarn once, but it was very coarse. Made a super strong yarn! Hopefully, yours is nicer than what I had.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote