View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
kittykins
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi Megan! Looks like you'll be the "knittin' fool" between now and Christmas. You've gotten a lot of great pattern ideas and advise. I too recommend that you mix your patterns, yarns, colors etc. as you go along so you don't get mind boggling bored working on the same thing hour after hour. Over the last couple of holidays I knit several scarf sets and always had at least two going at the same time...sick of working on one? Pick up the other. Kinda wakes your brain up too.

One way I might be able to help you is that I've got 3 skeins of bulky yarn that you can have. I happened to think of your thread the other day when I was looking at my stash of yarn. I bought this because I loved the feel and the colors in it, but to tell you the truth I'm just not crazy about knitting with bulky yarn and large needles. It just sits there and I KNOW I'll never use it.(Wouldn't bother posting in the Buy, Sell, Swap section.)

Here's what it is: Coats and Clark MODA.DEA Tweedle Dee Shaded Effect Yarn. Contents:80% acrylic, 16% wool, 4% other fibers. Color:Surf and Turf, (shades of soft blues with a tweedie touch?). 155 yds per skeins, (I have 3).Of course bulky wt. They recommend US size 11 needles, but I bet 13's would work too. Think it would knit up fast and be lovely in even a very simple pattern. Anyway if you're interested let me know here or send me a PM and I can get your mailing address etc.,and also answer any other questions you might have. Your profile doesn't say where you live, (neither does mine yet), but I live in Rockwall, TX. Right NE of Dallas. Hope to hear back from you! Jeanie
kittykins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittykins For This Useful Post:
megan734 (09-15-2010), RuthieinMaryland (09-15-2010)