View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 06:02 AM   #215
Working the Gusset
hyperactive's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 104
Thanked 238 Times in 220 Posts
I have just tried an idea out on a swatch:

if you want to prevent the side of st st from curling, you can do a side "hem edge". I knit this as "knitting in the round on straight needles" for 5 stitches or so.

Does this have a name? I haven't seen this before but I do not want to claim that I did invent something new. Most likely it has been done

I want to use it for cardigans, for example, where an edge of the knitting will show and be exposed.
Continental Knitter with passion, pretty busy and always onto something new.

I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote