View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Congratulations, Bambi!
Originally Posted by bambi View Post
I think they just want you to know that you can do it. I think they mean it to build your confidence, not belittle you.

Some people find knitting socks easy....I am an intermediate/advanced knitter and I do not find them easy at all. But I finished one pair.
Hey, Bambi!

How awesome! Your first socks!

I'm such a sock-a-holic! There are so many of my friends and family who have warm tootsies because of my "partiality" (or is it obsession?) for knitting socks that I'm always happy to see others get bitten by the sock bug, even a little!

In the beginning, knitting socks was truly "rocket science" to me! My first pair are so pathetic, but I couldn't get rid of them so I keep them in my nightstand for bed socks. I have to laugh every time I put them on - one is bigger than the other and the other is shorter than the bigger one!

But I persisted and have had many happy knitting hours making socks, wearing socks and gifting socks!

I could say it's "easy" - and it IS easy.....now!

So hang in there, "wholycow", and if you persist in learning and getting practice, no matter how tempted you might be to throw the needles and yarn out the window, you will succeed and have a tremendous amount of satisfaction. And a wonderful art form to enrich you the rest of of your life. (By the way, great AVATAR!!!)

The folks on here are wonderfully generous knitters, always ready to help, and you can believe that if they tell you something is "easy" it's only meant to encourage you, not make you feel dumb!

Happy knitting,

Ruthie