View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
help with pattern instruction
can't link pattern, from book, but here's a pic if it helps:

I'm working the front at the neck shaping. Basically, it has you knit across half the front, stop, and then start working back and forth just over those 47 sts until it measures 8" from beg of armhole, got that no problem. The next part is where I'm having some trouble, hopefully it's okay for me to copy this much of it. It has you slip 8 sts to a holder at the neck edge and then:

Decrease one st at the neck edge of next and every foll row until there are 32 sts. Cont without shaping in g. st until armhole measures 10-1/2 from start of armhole shaping ending wiht a wrong side row. Cast off.

I know the neck edge is the inside part, but would I really do *every* row or just the following RS rows? I thought for sure it meant every other row since that's typical for shaping, but when I finished the shaping, I am EXACTLY at 10-1/2" from the start of armhole shaping without any g. st so now I'm afraid I was supposed to do it more rapidly.

ETA: I should add that line of decreases will be picked up later to make the hood and just eyeballing it (it's supposed to be 12 sts picked up) it looks like I don't have enough room to pick up 12 sts or it's going to be very snug.... thanks again!

Thanks in advance!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote