View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
I guess because it makes them more visible when you're decreasing on top of one another? Because it would be like K x sts, decrease, k1, turn; k1, decrease, k to end and it would become a pile of ugly decreases, no? Maybe because this is a heavier yarn with a larger gauge, too, I was worried it would be really obvious (before I realized the hood would completely cover it anyway.) The shaping seems to look just right with the hood doing only the RS rows, though, although I had to fudge the picking up quite a bit, but that's a chronic problem for me.

I don't know why, though, really, that's just what I was told. I've yet to encounter a pattern that has them explicitly written that way, usually it's "on next and every following RS row" but this is only my second neck shaping I've ever done too.

I have another question while I'm at it, though. Any reason not to do a 3-needle bind-off for the hood? It's worked flat back and forth with some increases yada yada for 13-1/2 inches, then the make-up instructions say to seam it but I don't see why I couldn't just split the stitches on the bind off row as if I was doing magic loop (assuming I smash the right sides together, of course) and do a 3-needle bind-off? Sounds right in theory and it came out lovely on the shoulders.... Thanks again!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote