View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
Working the Gusset
I did not look at the pattern now, but if 10 stitches in that pattern are enough to make it around the thumb, then it is as suzee said - she is right almost any time anyways!

If the thumb will have more than 10 stitches to go around: where does the pattern want you to get them from? Pick them up on the bridge? Maybe. I'd have to look.

I have made most my gloves in the past by putting the stitches for 1/2 thumbround on a holder after knitting them for that round. Then on the following round I have cast on enough stitches to replace that spot and later picked up the corresponding number of stitches from that bridge and maybe 2 extra for the gaps to close the holes. But if your pattern has a "designated amount of stitches" for the thumb: then you just work as said by suzee.

Imagine to hold a plastic bag and now you put a paper clip on one side, leaving a little of the bag to one side and most to the other: That opens up a seperate hole you can put a finger through. That is most likely what you shall do. Then continue up for the rest of the palm and the other fingers.
Continental Knitter with passion, pretty busy and always onto something new.

I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hyperactive For This Useful Post:
stegosaurusrex (12-01-2010)