View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Knit On!
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montana
Posts: 27,765
Thanks: 160
Thanked 6,457 Times in 6,038 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
There may be. This glossary from Bernat yarns includes them; yfrn is the same as yrn. YON and YFRN are british/canadian terms for YOs; they describe how to move the yarn while YO is the result.

But I don't know of a video and it can be described. Basically, the YON goes from a purl to knit - instead of moving the yarn to the back between the needles, lay it loosely over the top of the needle from front to back. YFRN, goes from a knit to a purl - make a regular YO (or bring yarn to front, then over the needle to the back) then bring yarn to the front again through the needle tips. You can practice these on a sample, use some leftover yarn and whatever needles you have handy.
sue- knitting heretic

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote