Thread: Sewing?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

I sew too. My mom taught me to embroider when I was four, and I could make my own clothing by the time I was seven (I got second place in the fair for a shorts-and-shirt set I made)

I've dabbled in most of the fiber arts and I live with the philosophy that most things worth owning are worth knowing how to make, or at least how to fix, yourself. (Big, expensive, finicky items like TVs, computers, and refrigerators are the exception, but even those I like to have at least a theoretical knowledge of what's going on inside to make them work). In other words, I try to be as resourceful as possible so ask me whatever questions and if I can't track down an answer, I may just experiment and come up with my own!

Just drop me a pm!

PS - what are you wanting to sew? Quilts, clothing, accessories, all of the above? Do you plan to do any hand-sewing? There are a few forums around for sewing, but I haven't found one as nice as KH.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
psquidy (12-09-2010)