Thread: Knitting a hole
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
exerciseislife
Casting On

Knitting a hole
So i starting knitting a cell phone cozy project and it has a display window. I followed the directions on how to make it, but now I am stuck. The instructions for the window are as follows:
Knit 3 stitches, bind off 5 stiches, knit to end. (3 stitches on each side of bind-off). Place first set of stitches on holder. Work stockinette stitch over remaining 3 stitches for 1 inch; end with purl row. Slip stitches from first holder onto needle. With wrong side facing, rejoin yarn at beginning of bound-off stitches. Purl 3 stitches. Work even in stockinette stitch for one inch.
Next row: Knit. At ened of row, cast on 5 stitches using either knitted cast-on or cable cast-on. Knit stitches from second holder (11 stitches). Work in stockinette stitch for one inch. End with purl row.
I put the first set of stitches on the holder. It says to begin knitting again, but there is no string to knit with. I don't know how to knit the 3 stitches because the string "source" begins at the other side of the bind-off. Could someone reword it or something for me??? Help!
Also, looking ahead, I don't know how to knitted cast-on or cable cast-on. I need help on that too. Thanks!
exerciseislife is offline   Reply With Quote